UKBCG acts as a stakeholder to NICE; NHS England and other organisations; undertakes key pieces of work, at times in collaboration with other bodies, with the overriding endpoint of improving patient care. Further information on the work of the UKBCG is communicated via this website on a regular basis.
The Group’s detailed Objects are defined as follows:
- For the public benefit to advance the education of consultant clinical and medical oncologists and associated healthcare professionals in the subject of breast cancer, concerning its identification, diagnosis and treatment
- In furtherance of the object above, to promote research for the public benefit in all aspects of that subject and to publish the useful results
- The relief of sickness and preservation of health, from breast cancer, among people residing permanently or temporarily in the UK
- To assist in the treatment and care of persons suffering from breast cancer, or in need of rehabilitation, by the provision of education for healthcare professionals
- To promote and protect the physical and mental health of sufferers of breast cancer in the UK, through assisting in the provision of education and advice